Re: [OM] E-M5 question (IS)

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 question (IS)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 01:15:55 -0800
On 11/13/2012 10:26 PM, Jim Couch wrote:
> Moose
>
> Maybe I was unclear. My observation was based on testing with and
> without IS on a tripod. A/B comparison of the same shot and setup.

I understand. I am only saying that the IS on the E-M5 is a new, six axis
design, and may react differently, which I
have not tested the way you did. It's obviously much different not only for the
added axes, but the way it is actively
moving, and making a small noise, whenever it is on.

This all goes back to the less sharp image of the orchid, edge vs. center. You
pointed out that that was what happened
with your E-thingie. I said I couldn't tell yes or no as to whether it was IS
related in this case, because it could
have been another cause, or more than one factor. I wasn't testing for that,
but simply forgot to turn IS off.

I would have to do a different test, like yours.

My initial reaction after pixel peeping was that it didn't look like movement
blurring, but I can't be sure.

Shaky Moose