Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapters
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:27:27 +0100
Hi Mike and all,

From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>jinfinance adapter after it came apart and dropped my body in the dirt.

The usual problem with cheap (and some not-so-cheap) adapters is loose
tolerances... some units may work just fine (but probably focusing a tad
beyond infinity) while some others not.

Some expensive adapters (like Voigtlander's) seem very well made -- having
flat springs instead of just a slit in the bayonet lugs is a definite sign
of quality. But my usual approach is to purchase a cheap adapter from a
reputable seller and, if it doesn't work well, try to get a refund (if it's
worth it) or simply discard it and purchase another (cheap) one elsewhere
-- not that big of a loss!

BTW, I once purchased a not-so-cheap adapter from jinfinance which wasn't
working well... and his service was just awful! After a long time of
discussions (including some trips of the adapter to him and back to me) he
sort-of-agreed to make a _partial_ _credit_ for future purchases... which
wasn't even honored in full! I won't buy anything else from him :-(
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)