Re: [OM] That's really weird

Subject: Re: [OM] That's really weird
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:57:09 -0600
> Oh yeah, I forgot about that aspect of gmail. Since I use gmail only for the
> list, Yahoo for my general account and
> accounts on my personal site for other things, I set Thunderbird up to send
> mail to the list through a mail account
> other than gmail. That way, my list posts show up quickly on gmail.

I'm drifting back the other way. gmail is for all my normal
communications, and yahoo for my lists. The OM list is the only
exception to this rule right now. I really like gmail because of the
Android tie-ins as well as the other suite of google apps. I've got
the same ID on both mail accounts so it really doesn't matter too much
either way. My business email accounts are tied into my domain names,
but I have the gmail screens access them automatically.

> Given my occasional tendency to say things wrong, forget links, put in wrong
> links, etc., I like to see my posts right
> after I send them.

I think everybody would love to have an instant-recall function with
email. Oops, I didn't mean to write that--RECALL. But noooo, that
email you wrote blasting the stupidity of the CEO was just sent to
/ALL.

AG

--
Ken Norton