Re: [OM] Pardon me while I think out loud....

Subject: Re: [OM] Pardon me while I think out loud....
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:46:21 -0600
> Was pretty well sold on the E-M5.  Then we went to Costco last night and I
> played with a 60D.  Then, I was all confused again...

The 60D doesn't do anything for me. Some cameras click with me, others
don't. The 7D, which probably uses the same imager, is absolutely my
favorite non-FF camera out there. I love the feel of the camera,
responsiveness and general hoohaa. It's the first Canon DSLR which
I've used (and I've used it a bunch) that gives me that "I'm home"
feeling. The 5Dmk3 is identical in this regard. Simply outstanding.

I've been a little harsh on the OM-D, but only in regards to the fact
it doesn't fit my hand quite right and the viewfinder, although good,
is not excellent. I'm much more pleased with the Sony EVFs than the
OM-D's EVF. Oddly enough, even the Fuji's hybrid EVF/OVF seems more
comfortable to my eye (probably the apparant focus distance is more to
my liking).

The OM-D's handling kinda reminds me of the E-300. Close, but just a
wee bit off. I think it depends so much on how flexible a person's
fingers are. Oddly, I like the Panasonic G3 in handling even though it
is nearly identical. I think it must come down to body thickness.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx