Re: [OM] KC Toy Stores

Subject: Re: [OM] KC Toy Stores
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:31:45 -0600
> Yeah, I know I'm weird about viewfinders. It seems that as long as I can see
> and frame what I'm shooting, I'm fine.
> Compare OM-1 and 300D, and clearly the 300D viewfinder sux, a tiny tunnel.
> But when I look at a subject through it to
> take pics, it's great.

We've discussed this many times, but the viewfinder experience is very
important to me. One primary reason is that I compose in the
viewfinder. Even going from the 1-series to the 2-series focus screens
in the OM system has proven to be problematic for some types of shots.
When the viewfinder experience is bad, it is like a pebble in the shoe
for me. An irritation which is a big distraction.

I do think that the OM-D viewfinder is quite good. A bit cramped for
my taste, but still good. The data overlay really is a bit
overpowering to me, though. The SONY implementation is a bit better.
Part of that, though, is the 2:3 image ratio which changes things a
bit. I would have preferred that they do what SONY did in the DSLRs
and put the exposure information outside of the image area. I really
hate having data overlaying the image area.

I'm just calling it like I see it. Not everybody will agree with me
and that's fine. I'm sure to disagree with myself next week.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx