Re: [OM] E-1 preventative maintenance

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 preventative maintenance
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:31:01 -0600
> I have only one issue with my E-1.  From time to time, when I press the
> shutter release, nothing happens.  Usually, if I raise my finger and press
> again, all is well.  Have you ever encountered this type of thing?

One potential cause of this is dirty contacts between the lens and body.

In the setup menu, "Wrench 1", there is the "RELEASE PRiORITY S" and
"RELEASE PRIORITY C" settings. I have these set to on because I'm
usually using manual lenses. If the connection to the lens is lost,
the camera will refuse to let you trigger the shutter. (Instruction
manual, page 22).

AG

--
Ken Norton