[OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u

Subject: [OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:51:27 -0500 (EST)
Battery Powered Moose writes:

>Almost certainly the batteries. The symptoms are exactly right. Fine
on low
>drain tester or battery check light

Thanks for thinking about it.

Bah, I was hopeful for an easy  fix that made perfect sense, though the
cam had been much more tolerant in the past of borderline 357's.  Brand
new 357 (real high drain type) put in and voltage checked to be
sure---still MLU but now every 3rd time or so (slightly better)--burned
a bunch of film and tried some patience. Read an older Moose post about
holding 2nd curtain open is the high drain operation and that sometimes
worth stretching the spring in the battery compartment gently and clean
the contacts to be sure of excellent contacts.  Did all the above and
still in a pickle.  Even had trouble with my T32 firing in a flash
bracket hooked up by Connector type3 and TTL cord--that has never ever
ever happened before though the gear is older now.   This OM-2 had
never dropped the ball for me ever and it was CLA's not 6 months ago
with only the 2nd roll of film in it since then.  Haruumph. Resistance
in circuit somewhere?
I had a 2nd kit all set, and tried to not let this bother me, but it
did of course.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency. (Alan Turing), but
OhM rules, Mike