[OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u--to f/u

Subject: [OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u--to f/u
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:25:58 -0500 (EST)
JH writes:
>The OM-2/2N battery spring is a force fit screw-in part.  Pulling on
it
>may make it come out (there are no threads) and it is difficult to get
>back in.  Still have new OM-2/2N circuits, though such a failure has
>always been rare.  Shutter lock is usually caused by one of a half
dozen
>other things.

Fortunately no mishaps with the spring.  Per Chuck's comment both
batteries were replaced with fresh new ones and the problem persisted
even after the cleaning procedures.   After an overnight rest 6 shots
in a row were fine today along with the flash trigger. No misbehavior
of any sort today.  I hadn't touched any connections.
Seems foolish not to send it in for a look-see and it is that SN cam
still apparently under warranty. I am not quite sure I am happy it is
working well now  as it may be illusive problem to find. . Multiple
electrical gremlins may have been scared off with JH on the case.
Mike