Re: [OM] IMG: Brush!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Brush!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 04:45:55 +1300
I've had a good look at Tina's images. My screen / CRT monitor is quite old
but seems to give reliable results re colour and resolution.

I get my Zuiikoholix daily dose all in one go via the digest, so my responses
are delayed compared to some people's.

My assessment of "Tina Manley 2004 -Brush- Santa Rosa, Guatemala Leica
M7 35-1_4,Fujichrome Astia", and thinking through what the screen shows
in respect of colour illumination, given that this shot was taken on a cloudy
day with good neutral light, is that this is probably a good rendition of what
there was. The colours of the sacks, the dirt, skin, hair; all seem OK. If that
cloth is what the technician chose for a uniform, I'll believe the result. I've
never been to Guatemala, and never will manage to get there.

http://www.pbase.com/image/147520840, 2002 -Magic Photos- Santa
Catarina, Guatemala Leica M6 21 2-8, Agfacolor Vista 100 , is different.

I never used Agfacolor Vista a lot as I didn't like the results, and it does
not
keep well (digitising is a good idea).
The colour of the reflections from the hair of the two chimping the Panasonic
Lumix is off. It shows as magenta, and I just don't believe that. Given that
the reflection ought to be blue, I suspect there is a colour shift over the
whole image, and based on my experience with Agfa film I suggest it may
already be in the slide.
The rendition of the lighting on the boy's face seems unusual ... can't figure
that out.
In this regard, how do the colours of this slide seem, viewed using a pocket
viewer or similar?.

As far as content goes, I think they are just great. Very natural and the
subjects are quite relaxed about the photographing going on.

Brian Swale