Re: [OM] IMG: Sisters

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sisters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 13:06:31 -0500
I tried working with this and was having very poor luck.  If I got the
clothing looking better the girl's face just wasn't tracking or even
seeming very adjustable.  Then I blew this small image up to 300% and
looked at the girl's face.  It's very heavily posterized with a very
sharp distinction between shadowed and unshadowed areas.

I think you need to go back and check the original scan.  Either the
scan itself is very high contrast leading to the posterization or you've
been overediting the image... perhaps using 8 bits rather than 16 and
losing the finer color gradations.  In either case you need to back up
and maybe all the way to the scan.

Chuck Norcutt