Re: [OM] IMG: Colors

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Colors
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:16:48 +0800 (WST)
Hi Tina,

> I'm almost afraid to post this one!

Dont be, everyone is just trying to be honest, and the
problem could even be your monitor ! Scanning both
negatives and slides can involve some chanting and
the occasional offering to higher life forms :o)

I do like the compositions and I do agree with Chuck,
the blue is a "smigin" high, try his suggestions, you
might be pleasantly surprised.

I had similiar problems scanning my fathers slide collection from
the 1950's thought to the 1970's. I found my brain was adjusting
the pictures for me, and after doing a stint with digital camera
work then going back to the scanned slides I noticed the blue
tinge. I ended up not using the scanner at all and just using an
E series Olympus digital camera and a slide duplicator. Letting
the camera figure out the white balance for me, so much easier
but it was a lot slower.

I've since noticed that software has improved enough that if I
were to redo my digitising project again, I would simply use
a scanner in raw mode.

Cheers
Ian Manners