Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:11:17 -0600

http://www.image66media.com/page10.html

>      Something I didn't think of until now was to spread the 3001 legs

The 3001 is actually quite modifiable. The push-button spreader stops
prevent the legs from going too wide. But a few minutes with a Dremel
or file will knock down some of the stop enough to widen the stance.
Of course, this means that the tripod will end up shortening a bit,
but if you are into low-level photography, modifying the 3001 leg
stops is a must-do. Mine are done so that I can also go past the stop
and invert the legs.

Any tripod with the center-column will probably require a
columnectomy. It's too long if you have the legs spread out too far,
so whacking off some of the length may be required. However, one
little trick I use with my inverting legs is to invert two of the legs
and leave the third one on the standard tall position. This will lean
the tripod over and will put the column at an angle.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx