Re: [OM] OM-D kit lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D kit lens question
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:44:39 +0100
Nope, the Panasonic and MMF1 are exactly the same but different colors,
where the MMF2 is of a lighter (very plastic feeling) construction. The
MMF3 indeed is a MMF2 with a small rubber ring on the camera-side to get
the dust/splash protection.

The MMF1 is 83gr, the MMF2 is 42gr ;-).

I think the Panasonic is cheaper because they ended production.

If for a reason I can't imagine right now a firmware should be needed, a
Panasonic or Olympus adapter would be a safer bet I think?

I'm guessing here, but I think the restriction is in the fact that 43 has
one contact point less then m43. Presumably that contact is used some way
in faster contrast AF?

Best, Frank.