Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:15:48 -0500
My own tripod is a Bogen 3021 which allows removal of the center post
and reinsertion at 90 degrees so the center post is horizontal and
parallel to the ground.  Splaying the legs way out then gets you fairly
close to the ground.  Mine also came with an optional stubby center post
so you can also run it close to the ground but with the (now) stubby
centerpost still vertical.

Mine is about 15 years old (or more) but I think it's still available as
the Bogen 3021 Pro.  Basically the same thing but it has a built-in
bubble level.  Here's a youtube video of it in use.  The owner sets the
centerpost horizontal about 1/2 way through the video.  A "B" in the
model number indicates that the tripod is black.  Drawback?  Heavy!!
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oym9ZdJ4ME&feature=related>

Somewhere in the groups photo archives I believe there is a photo of
Walt's Cullmann tripod which was similar in that the centerpost pulled
up and out but instead of simply laying horizontally it was also
tiltable so that it reached right down to the ground.  I've no idea what
the model was or if it's still available. Maybe someone else remembers
where the photo is.  I think the Cullmann was aluminum and lighter
weight with some plastic components.  Maybe Moose remembers.  I think he
was inspired by Walt to use Cullmann quick release plates.

Chuck Norcutt