Re: [OM] Flash remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash remotes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:42:16 -0500
I forgot to mention one reason for having two receivers.  When it comes
time for family photos or self-portraits of me and my wife I fire the
transmitter by holding it in my hand and pushing a button, use one of
the receivers to fire the Canon 5d and the other one to fire one of two
studio lights.  The second studio light is fired by its built-in optical
trigger from the flash of the first light.  I attach a receiver to the
Canon 5D by using an ebay manual remote shutter switch which plugs into
the camera and also has a miniplug socket where I can plug the receiver
in.  They don't all have the miniplug socket so you just have to check
them out.