Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:14:21 +0000
Moose

The new condensing boilers have a hard time because of the recirculating gases,
which are corrosive, I understand, hence their shorter life.  Some gas boilers
over here are lasting less than 10 years.

I don't have a connection to mains gas, and getting one is a strange, obscure
and complicated process.  Our oil tank is too close to the house for modern
building regulations so a heat pump is looking attractive for its relative
simplicity as well as all for all the Government's incentives.

Chris