Re: [OM] The Low Down on Down Low [was Tuesday Flowers]

Subject: Re: [OM] The Low Down on Down Low [was Tuesday Flowers]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 03:19:14 -0800
On 11/29/2012 3:00 AM, Ian Nichols wrote:
> On 29 November 2012 10:54, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Here we have one tripod, with small ball head, and one camera, no extras,
>> accessories or modifications. Is that low
>> enough for you? <
>> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Misc&image=IMG_1116croofm.jpg
> Does that horizontal column rotate about its own axis?

No, it's six sided, three flat and three rounded. I think it's a good design,
doesn't rotate unintentionally and easily
locks rock solid.

> If so, you could get even lower by having the camera upside-down.

This shot isn't as low as it goes with this head - the lion is too tall for
that. :-) With my Manfrotto 3D head, as seen
in Walt's set-up. I could put the camera down in a hole, looking up at grade
level.

> I've done that with an E-3 on a Benbo Mk2.  The twisty-turny screen comes in
> handy there.

The only way to do low macro. ;-)   I wish the E-M5 were fully articulated, but
for this use, the tilt screen is quite
adequate.

Accessorized Moose