Re: [OM] IMG: Thoughts About Infrastructure

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Thoughts About Infrastructure
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:58:09 -0600
Hi Philippe,

Yes, the 135/3.5 Tak is nice and sharp.  I wish it had a closer minimum
focusing distance, but one can't have everything.

As to the power distribution system, it is old in design, as found in most
small towns, but well maintained.  Newer neighborhoods have underground
distribution, but that is very expensive to retrofit in established areas.
In my "day job", from which I am 20 years retired, I had responsibility for
plant maintenance, and had to deal with the folks who maintained a very
large power distribution system.  This experience makes me see things a
little differently from the view of many, who don't understand the
complexities of such systems.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA