Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:24:00 -0500
Pay attention to the IPCC's own words: "The climate system is a coupled
non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of
future climate states is not possible...".  That means exactly what it
says.  But if the modelers actually took that to heart they'd be out of
a job.

Everything you've mentioned below is simply a symptom of warming and
says absolutely nothing about its cause.  But I agree with your comment
about increased CO2 being a result of temperature rather than the cause.
  Close examination of the proxy data relating temperature and CO2 in
pre-historic times shows that temperature leads CO2 concentrations by
about 800 years.

Is this comforting?  No.  The climate is certainly warming (so far) but
we really don't know the cause and would likely have little or no
control over it even if we did.  Just hope it doesn't revert soon to
cooling which is much worse.

Chuck Norcutt