Re: [OM] The Low Down on Down Low [was Tuesday Flowers]

Subject: Re: [OM] The Low Down on Down Low [was Tuesday Flowers]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:32:52 -0600
> Carbon Fiber is more expensive, but is the opposite, tending to absorb/damp
> vibration. In some situations, the
> difference is huge.

I've been muddling along with my old aluminum beasts, but keep trying
to find some ways of justifying to the CDFO and myself the extreme
expenditure of getting a decent CF tripod. On a positive note, buy
holding off, the models keep getting better and better all the time.
When I do eventually get one it should be mind-boggling good.

It all comes down to priorities, though. Which is most important to
spend the rare bits of available gold on?

1. New digital camera
2. Darkroom construction
3. Photo trip
4. Flash gear