Re: [OM] Colorless Moose?

Subject: Re: [OM] Colorless Moose?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:41:13 -0800
On 11/30/2012 8:45 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I recall shooting a large Indian/Jewish wedding in Quincy not far from
> there but I can never recall visiting the waterfront in that area.  I
> probably missed some good stuff.

Yes, one of those places that's not spectacular, but really pretty. It's a
peninsula of undeveloped land amidst
developed areas.

> If I went south of Boston it was
> either to visit my father's relatives in Taunton or to go to the Cape
> with friends (which I still do once/year).

We have friends with a house in Chatham. It's a Nat'l Register house that's
been in her family for generations. Sounds
great, but it's barely a break-even proposition if they rent it out for the
whole, short season.

So they are only there mostly to set-up and clean-up/maintain. We did manage to
catch them there for a few days year
before last, which were enjoyable in spite of some rain.

> I mostly stayed on the north
> side of Boston and up as far as Newburyport where I worked for a couple
> of years.  I used to spend a fair amount of my free time on the Parker
> River National Wildlife Refuge

Ah, pretty area. In our annual peregrinations with Mike and Marnie, we've been
all around there. Mike even arranged a
boat tour from Newburyport through the marsh down the sound to the end of the
refuge peninsula. It's quite a lovely
trip, which can only be done at high tide. But we've not as yet been on the
land part.

>   during the time the green headed flies weren't biting. :-)

I've seen the traps, there and on the Cape, but they aren't out when we visit.

Green Headed Moose