Re: [OM] IMG: Border Terrier low light resolution test

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Border Terrier low light resolution test
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:15:05 -0800
Thanks, Jim.
--Peter

 > Nice work, Peter.
 >
 > Jim Nichols
 > Tullahoma, TN USA
 >
 > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

dark living room, lit with only one blub. This is what I saw:
 > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/8231023549/>
 >
 > OM-D E-M5 with the Panny 20mm f/1.7, wide open, 1/60, ISO 3200.
Object in picture was darker than it appears, but just as cute.

 > (Note:  Next two links are big, about 1.3 MB.)
 >

 > Then I did a B&W conversion, and optimized things a bit. Here it is
at 50%, so it approximates what you'd see in a nice big print.
 > <http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/337070-1/PB290136-50pct.jpg>
 >
 > And just the face at 100%:
 > <http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/337073-1/PB290136-100pct.JPG>
 >

 > Sharp enough? I think so. I used about half Capture One's default
luminance noise reduction, which seemed to be the sweet spot between
keeping detail and getting rid of noise that would matter in a
decent-sized print.