Re: [OM] Oliver Model 1855 Tractor at an abandoned house

Subject: Re: [OM] Oliver Model 1855 Tractor at an abandoned house
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:15:00 -0500
Your comment inspired me to look up Oliver Corporation on Wiki.  I
learned a lot I didn't know including the origins of the Battle Creek
operation going back to 1848.  And I was correct about my uncle working
on B-47 fuselages: "Oliver also built airplane fuselages for Boeing's
RB-47E Reconnaissance planes at a Battle Creek, Michigan aviation
division set up exclusively for defense contracts."  White Motor Corp of
Cleveland took it over in 1960 (2 years after I left Battle Creek for
California) and all of Oliver was defunct by 1985 and most of the
buildings have been demolished.  It never occurred to me to look for
them when I was in Battle Creek a couple of years ago.

Chuck Norcutt