Re: [OM] My first attempts with the E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] My first attempts with the E-M5
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:13:16 -0600
I shot RAW+jpeg during the Indy trip - just haven't had time to play with
the RAW images yet.  I also just posted those as they came off the camera -
just to show how it did in mostly auto mode.

I agree - there are issues.   Thanks!

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A good set of images but with many white balance problems.  Start
> shooting in RAW and you'll defeat that problem.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 12/3/2012 1:17 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> > Hokey doke.
> >
> > I just uploaded a pile of photos from my first day with the new toy.  I
> > tried to explain a bit in each caption.
> >

> http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/Pbraun42/library/Olympus%20E-M5%20first%20run?evt=email_share
> >
> > The Indianapolis shots were after tweaking some of the basic settings,
> > but I was still learning the camera as I went along.  The few shots at
> > the train club were pretty much out-of-the-box auto settings.
> >
> > I can't wait to see what I can do once I learn this thing.  I think
> > between it and the E-1 I should be very happy.
> >
> > All photos were uploaded untouched (one was slightly cropped) otherwise
> > no correction of any kind.  And I uploaded at full res.
> >
> > Take a little time, browse, lemmeno what you think.  Keep in mind these
> > are "trying a new camera out" photos, and not necessarily great art.
> >
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard