Re: [OM] Software suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Software suggestions
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:12:42 +0100
Chuck,

That is also how my file structure is except I have a type of camera
prefix for the day files in the subfolders  eg E1-20101030 . My
suggestion would be to copy a small section of your folders to a
separate area and then download lightroom and try it, there are other
ways of doing things like boiling water on a stove but its much easier
to boil water in an automatic kettle.  I think you will pleasantly
surprised by how much simpler it makes the workflow, but test it on a
separate portion first to make sure you have the import setting to
default to what you want.

On the mac version at least the import has improved so you will see your
results quickly, it then takes a while to build previews I now have mine
set to build the last months previews at 100 per cent but that may not
be the best option.

I don't use keywords or EXIF either I search via year month or day, the
difference is I can see a days worth or a months worth or even a years
worth of thumbnails in one go.

IanW