Re: [OM] Software suggestions - Ian

Subject: Re: [OM] Software suggestions - Ian
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:29:29 +0100
Le 4 déc. 12 à 10:14, SwissPace a écrit :

> BUT and its the problem I have with my office at home and work (which
> are a total mess) is how do you classify them e.g I take various
> images
> during a day, some of trees some of the children some of the river
> etc..  what keywords do I add when I import them?

generic collective key word,
then from library select the kids, key in "family" or kids, synch, and
it's done,
repeat for trees, birds, etc. if necessary

I just posted two snaps taken at Oxford for Nathan, I didn't remember
the date, nor year, but L1 and Oxford was enough ;-)
Took me 2 mn to find, export as JPEGS and upload to the site.
CQFD

> I don't really have
> the time or inclination to import them individually and this problem
> is
> why I don't add them  hence I sort by camera and day.
>
> I now have approx 1.5TB of images so I am planning to go back and thin
> them out a bit, no one is going to be interested in them when I am
> gone,
> I have always used a similar system to what AG once described i.e a
> quick run through and mark any reasonable shots as 1 star, now I use 2
> stars for any that have been edited and 3 for any I post, but I didn't
> use this system from the beginning otherwise I could maybe just keep
> all
> the 2 stars and above and do prints of all 3 stars and above.

Same here, who but me cares, except for family snaps my kids will
simply use the del key.
I've started making collections and will trim the main catalogue from
most of the junk that's been idle there for years ....

Amitiés
Ph