Re: [OM] OT - Air source heat pumps and related matters

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Air source heat pumps and related matters
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 18:36:43 +0100
Le 4 déc. 12 à 16:26, Ken Norton a écrit :

>>  Interesting but I hope they're putting in a sprinkler system.

Compressed the straw won't catch fire as there's no O2 to keep a flame
going - at worst will consume slowly after the furniture has long
gone ...

> Hmm. I'm thinking that as those bails decompose that it would generate
> some heat too.

Won't decompose as it is compressed and locked in by the plaster/
cement cover - so, so long as it remains dry ...

Even pests are known not to invade this type of construction.

A friend of mine is finishing his own straw -and beams- house these
days.
He had thoroughly studied the question before opting for the system.
Experts tell him his house will be totally passive in our temperate
semi-continental climate.

If this may be an indication, even the insurance company has given him
the green light ...

Ph