[OM] IMG: Mam Mother and IT8 Targets

Subject: [OM] IMG: Mam Mother and IT8 Targets
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:43:02 +1300
Tina wrote

> I got my IT8 targets in from Germany but I'm not sure how to use them.
>  I've read the VueScan Bible and scanned in the target for Provia and set
> it as icc; however, I have 5 different targets for different films and
> there doesn't seem to be any way to load more than one icc file for
> Vuescan.  Anybody know?
>
> In the meantime, here is a Provia scanned with the target:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/147687929
>
> C&C greatly appreciated.

 Then later she said to look at another scan of the same slide.

I get the Zuikoholic contributions all together in digest form, and not in
"real
time" like some of us

My question; Tina, did you use the same number 147687929 for two
different scans??  If so, I am unable to make the comparison you request,
as by the time I downloaded what is there the first version has gone for
ever..

Most of the attraction of that image comes from the utterly radiant smile of
this very young mother who is so happy with her child and family situation.

I'm not sure about whether or not the degree of contrast is realistic, but from
what Tina has already shown us of the work of the Mam women with the
fibre dyes, I suspect that the degree of saturation could easily be spot-on.

Cheers

Goodness, do I hate this time of year. Too much, too much to do (and much
of it exterior pressure) and not enough time left.

Brian Swale