Re: [OM] Software suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Software suggestions
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:11:50 -0700
Coming out of hiding, briefly, to reply to this. Yes, I've read what
everyone has said.

I can't stand LR. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

ACR in CS6 is so LR like in looks and with some tools, it's almost
astounding. I really enjoy using ACR, and am the first to admit that
it's probably because I have about 10 years' experience with it, so it
is comfortable. LR is not comfortable for me.

Having said that, the reasons I am weighing in are:

1. I have the 27 inch iMac. I love it, mine is 11 months old. There
*was* a problem with *some* iMacs in late 2011, but on Apple's website
you can find the current info about this, as well as check your (I know
you don't have it yet) particular desktop's serial number to see if it
is part of the recall. No worries on that front for you.

2. I have never, not even once, opened iPhoto. No clue how it works at
all. *However*, on my last automatic software update, iPhoto updated the
ability to read the latest ORFs. I happened to notice that as it was
updating. Since iPhoto is free, and comes with your iMac, you may want
to look into that to see if this would be workable for you without
having to purchase other software. I have no idea.

BTW, hi listees. It's been a while. I hope everyone is well, and has a
wonderful Holiday Season.  :-)

Candace