Re: [OM] 21mm f3.5/hood/case/caps etc at Fred Miranda

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm f3.5/hood/case/caps etc at Fred Miranda
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:06:21 -0800
On 12/5/2012 4:36 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Hi Bill, List,
>
> Screw-on hood for a G. Zuiko 21 mm ƒ/3,5 ?
>
> I am sure those were clamp-on  (with screw) - as far as I can remember
> from the e-sif.

Memory may be faulty. The eSIF shows both kinds as having been made.
<http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/lensgroup/hoods.htm>

As the note on the bottom says, "Note: some hoods were changed from all metal
to rubber with a metal Slide-on/Screw-in
ridge."

Mine is the slide-on kind. I prefer them. The screw-in metal ones are rigid,
and may damage/be damaged by encounters
with other solid things. The slip-ons have a metal base, with a rubber flared
portion. The rubber is very high quality,
and rather stiff, but neither is bothered by nor bothers things it encounters
physically in the course of use.

Hooded Moose