Re: [OM] OT - Air source heat pumps and related matters

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Air source heat pumps and related matters
From: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:10:44 -0800
I agree. I'd definitely put a sprinkler system in my own house, whether it
was required by code or not. Remember:

"Building code tells you the worst possible building you can build and
still have it be legal." -Randolf Croxton, Croxton Collaborative,~1992.

Rob in Seattle

PS I figure straw bale is good where summers are hot and dry and winters
are cold and dry...in places where there is lots of straw, like Nebraska.
The fact that they can be owner-built with help from a community is cool
too. Just don't get sucked in by exaggerated claims. R-value is more like
R-28, just a bit above code in Washington State.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As to sprinkler systems, I wouldn't build a new house without one now.
> In many locales, any structure, whether business or residential, over
> a certain size is required to have them. If given the choice, I'd have
> it in a house of any size.
>
> ...snip...

The