Re: [OM] IMG: New Eyeglasses

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: New Eyeglasses
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 20:09:24 -0600
> I run into the problem that if I pull back the highlights I get comments
> that the scan is muddy.  Most of the comments on this one have been very
> positive.  I hate to start manipulating more when the vast majority of the
> comments are positive.  It's extremely frustrating.

I wouldn't try chasing that because you run the risk of losing the
"HC110 Snap" which is what helps make it more photojournalist.
Worrying about blown highlights is something that landscape
photographers fret about, but historically PJ photography ignores the
highlights and seeks out the subject.

(Yes, I know it's C41, not HC110, but the Portra BW film gives that same look).

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx