Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 07:13:34 -0800
> From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Frankly many houses I've seen
> were not designed at all rather a seat of the pants installation relying
> upon brute force.

Most houses are "designed" with but one goal: reduce the cost of materials.
That's why rooms that need water are typically clustered. Don't want your
washroom next to your kitchen? Sorry, plumbing's expensive! I imagine that
principle explains the "cold room" syndrome.

:::: I think our [energy] policy is called "aircraft carriers." -- Irwin
Steltzer