[OM] E-510 Happy Dance!!

Subject: [OM] E-510 Happy Dance!!
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:24:44 -0700
    My E-510 body arrived in the mail this morning.  I paid $47 for it, the
item description saying that it was the body only.

    But wait!  There's more!

    There is also a nicely padded shoulder carrying case, the original
Olympus shoulder strap, a battery, an after-market battery charger, an 8G CF
card, and a pair of plastic (ungh!) Olympus lens hoods.

    Put the battery into the charger, then popped my spare battery into the
body.  It turned on.  Added the Tamron 28-80mm lens, adjusted the eyepiece
diopter setting, and away I went.  Not a scratch on it and it appears to be
fully functional.

    The live preview is very nice, and it would be nicer if it would stay on
instead of having to hold down the FN button for hands-off composing.  You
probably can, and I have a PDF copy of the manual somewhere, probably on my
laptop that died two weeks ago.  The hard drive from that will go into an
external case as soon as it arrives.

    I had been hoping for just an E-510 or E-520 body for less than $100,
and I could not be happier with what I now have.  So, it's off to the camera
shop to find a body cap and a set of shoulder strap rings that will attach
to the body lugs.

    Next thing is to decide which remote shutter control to buy, either just
a simple switch or a programmable timer type.

Chris