Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice

Subject: Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:19:44 -0600
> They must figure the publicity is worth it. I happen to like Google+
> approach of allowing me to choose who sees my posts much better.

And I love the "Circles" aspect.

The biggest problem with Google+ right now is being able to find
people and groups. That's still a little hokey and unclear, but
otherwise, it's a much more pleasant place to be.

Of course, I am a little bit partial. I like in the Google "Universe"
with chrome, gmail, gcalendar, gdrive, android, Now...  It's sad, but
true. I've been assimilated and live in one of the Google Borg Cubes.
Google Now is one of those features on my Nexus phone that chomps at
my battery like it's a stack of Pringles, but every week it gets
smarter, better and more useful.

And I love it.

Yes, there are some security issues and concerns, but Google is very
clear about what they are and where they are going. Google+ is the
heart of the entire thing. Even if you aren't "using" Google+, chances
are you actually are without knowing it.

My situation is a little more unique than the average middle-aged
geek. Due to my travel schedule, I live life in the "cloud". Google is
the "cloud" for the masses. It's the glue that ties my phone, iPad and
computers together. Apple's idea of "cloud" is entertainment-based and
pretty much a joke. I use a total of four different computers, an iPad
and a phone and Google makes it possible for me to function between
all of them with ease. And it's getting better all the time. With my
Eye-Fi card, I'm even extending the Google cloud to my digital
camera--making that part of the entire experience.

I would suggest to keep a close eye on Yahoo. I expect them to come
ROARING back in a huge way to compete with Google in this unified
universe. Especially if they buy or merge with Dropbox. (you heard it
here).

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx