Re: [OM] This Guy Walks Into An Online Auction Site.....

Subject: Re: [OM] This Guy Walks Into An Online Auction Site.....
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:01:13 +1100
I dunno if this is 100% correct, from my understanding a poor quality lens
does not suffer any more diffraction than an "ideal" lens, however most
aberrations of that poor lens will be reduced by stopping down.  My take is
that for your hypothetical "non-ideal" lens it will always be advantageous
to stop down a bit from the theoretical limit (f6.3) rather than open up a
bit.

...Wayne