Re: [OM] Applications for mobile devices

Subject: Re: [OM] Applications for mobile devices
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 07:40:34 +0100
I have tried numerous apps on my iPad 2, and have settled on Snapseed as the
main photo application. I do not use the effects, but the controls for
exposure, sharpness, ambience etc. are very good and intuitive. I also have
Photoraw, Filterstorm and PS Touch but Snapseed is the one I keep coming back
to. One of the beauties of the iPad world is that the apps are so cheap that
you can just try as many as you want before settling on one.

For uploading photos to various places from the iPad, the most flexible app is
PhotoSync, with built-in support for Smugmug, Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr
etc. but also the ability to FTP to wherever you need to go.

I should add that I never shoot pictures with the iPad, and only very
occasionally with my iPhone (the latter only if I want to throw something on
Facebook immediately). I have the SD card adapter for the iPad, and use it to
import photos taken with my camera on those occasions when I am travelling
light, i.e. with the iPad as my only computer. For example, during my cycling
trips so that I can update the blog every evening when the memories are still
fresh:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/jylland2012

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/samsoe2012

The pictures remain on the SD card, and when I return home to the real
computer, I import them there and process properly in Lightroom.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain