Re: [OM] Speaking of iPhones....

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of iPhones....
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:04:10 -0600
I tried Hipstamatic when it first came out.  Tried maybe three shots,
never used it again.  In fact, just deleted it to make room for something
more useful in that folder, like the 3D Camera app I just bought.

I follow Queen guitarist Dr. Brian May on Twitter.  May is a huge fan of
stereo photography, does quite a bit of it himself, and is a member of the
London Stereoscopic Society.  He tweeted this morning that he had found an
iOS app called 3D Camera that allowed for the taking of 3D images with a
single camera - you simply take one shot, move the phone a few inches to
the left, and take another one.  You then manually line the two images up,
and it can generate a stereo pair either in blue/red, polarized, or L/R
Freeview formats. When it comes to stereo photography, I trust what Brian
says.

I can sometimes do freeview, depending on how tired I am and what kind of
mood my eyes are in.  But I may just get a pair of glasses and try the
red/blue versions.  I made a couple here in the office, and it turned out
pretty well.  Again, for $1.99.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Well, then, Paul, we can take care of that with the inexpensive
> Hipstamatic app for the iPhone. You can get all kinds of crazy old looks
> out of the Hipstamatic. And you can also drive yourself blind crazy trying
> to figure out how it works. Two for one. can't beat that. <g>
>
> --Bob
>

> On Dec 27, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
>
> > Maybe
> > I'm just not hipster enough to get why that's cool.
>
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard