Re: [OM] MFT crop factor question

Subject: Re: [OM] MFT crop factor question
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:11:52 -0600
On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > And in the other direction... what does the 12-50mm that came with my
> E-M5
> > translate to in 35mm-speak?
>
> 24-100. In macro mode, it is a fixed 43 mm, equivalent in field of view to
> an 86 mm lens on FF/35mm film.
>
> OK.  So if I get the Sigma 30mm f2.8, that translates to a 60mm lens,
which is close to "normal", and should make a nice "walkaround" lens.  The
Panny 20mm f1.7 pancake lens translates to 40mm, which is a bit wider...
hmmmm.... that may be a better choice, but it's $200 more, so that may be a
toy for after the new furnace/air conditioner and new stove.

> > Maybe I'm just tired today and my brain can't ...
>
> A nap is always a good idea. :-)

I'm always happy to take a nap.
--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard