Re: [OM] OT: I-pad user's experience welcome - THANKS

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: I-pad user's experience welcome - THANKS
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 21:02:08 +0100
She's got the Logitech blue fairy keyboard that the guy at FNAC
recommended, not tried yet as we have our young niece with us, and
we're training for when we become grand-parents ;-) Time for the good
night story BTW.
The Ipad is the retina one from what I remember.

Thanks for the warning

Amitiés
Philippe

Le 29 déc. 12 à 19:44, Nathan Wajsman a écrit :

> Philippe, I have this keyboard too. It works with the 2nd and 3rd
> generation, not sure about the 4th (the latest, with Retina
> display). The safest thing is probably to visit your local Fnac or
> Media Markt and try.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> (sent from somewhere)
>

> On 29/12/2012, at 19.30, "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bob,
>>
>> I guess it is the new one, they say it is faster and has a better
>> screen???
>>
>> I've forwarded your mail to her, I imagine it will take her some time
>> to try them all, and digest ;-)
>>
>> Thanks again :-)
>>
>> Amitiés
>> Philippe
>>
>> Le 29 déc. 12 à 17:47, Robert Adler a écrit :
>>
>>> I keep one of these at work:
>>> http://www.zagg.com/keyboard-cases/index.php#logitech-keyboard-case+ipad-3
>>> Be sure to get the one that works with the 4 if that's what she
>>> bought.
>>>
>>> At home I just use the remote Apple Keyboard and a stand if I need
>>> to type
>>> from home (but I usually use my home Mac word processing).
>>> I also find the following apps primarily at work:
>>> iAnnotate to be able to mark up .pdf files I get.
>>> PDF Reader (from Adobe) is good for simply reading PDF's
>>> (manuals...)
>>> CaptureNotes app to take notes in meetings. I always have all
>>> meeting
>>> notes with me which is great!:
>>> Printer Pro to be able to print from my iPad to network available
>>> printers.
>>> Reminders is good enough for me for categorized to do lists, but 2Do
>>> is a
>>> bit more sophisticated.
>>>
>>> Though I do own Numbers, Pages and Keynote, I rarely use them at
>>> work.
>>> Email and note taking in meetings is the big deal for me.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps. I've been using since the first iPad and these are
>>> the
>>> apps I use most for work. But I don't do much word processing other
>>> than
>>> emails.
>>> Best,