Re: [OM] Lenses, Cameras and family events

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses, Cameras and family events
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:40:30 -0600
OK, Mr. Moose. Tina uses obscure camera equipment too and has shown us
direct comparisons between the color and B&W versions of the same shots.
Maybe my generalisms apply only to obscure stuff, not the mainstream stuff
you buy.

:)

If I can find enough revenue to offset the purchase, there will be a Canon
5Dmk3 or 6D in the next day's Fed-Ex delivery truck. But I'm launching a
film-wedding promotion for 2013, so we'll see how that goes. I'd like to do
10 this year. It's actually a good filter for culling out the low-ballers
and shotguns. Packages only. Reprint and album income is gone gone gone.
Already have several about ready to secure the dates. My overall break-even
for film vs. digital is about ten weddings. Film costs more, but is an
as-run cost, whereas digital is an up front sunk cost.

Of course, the biggest problem is that I'm enjoying the killer OM kit too
much. Two OM-4T and an OM-3Ti bodies, 28/2, 100/2, 35-80/2.8 lenses and the
T45 flash kinda make for a sweet package. To resolve the direct flash
shadowing problem and to improve the overall lighting, I'm using the T45
almost exclusively in a bounce mode where I'm pounding the light into the
ceiling or side walls. Try that with your pipsqueek AA powered
auto-everythings with preflash up the wazoo.

I'll leave the obscure digital camera for instant on-line posting nonsense.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx