Re: [OM] IMG: The Ageless DC-3

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Ageless DC-3
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 23:37:05 -0600
Hi Moose,

I looked long and hard at the so-called halo areas in this image.  Richard
Man, of Palo Alto asked the same questions.  Yes, I worked the sliders to
get the clouds the way I liked to remember them.  But I tried to be careful
with the sharpening, to avoid halos along the wings, etc.  Richard was
pointing out the light area around the plane's left wing tip, and around the
wind tetrahedron.  To the best of my knowledge, that is caused by a rift in
the clouds that were breaking up from the west.  Admittedly, your eyes are
much sharper than mine, so I may have missed something else.  I could not
see any halo along the top of the fuselage.

No, PSE 11 is a rearangement of Elements features, and has a few new tricks,
but it does not work wonders.  And, insofar as I can tell, it does not
accept Focus Magic or Neat Image as plug-ins.  It does have a built-in
sharpening feature that works pretty well if one doesn't get carried away.
And it does include RAW converters for most of the newer cameras.  I hope
that one of those will show up here sometime in the future.  And last if not
least, it will run comfortably on Windows XP SP3, which some of the other
newer programs will not do.

Thanks for the comments.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA