Re: [OM] OT: New Year's resolutions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Year's resolutions
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:03:33 -0600
On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2008? Obsoleted already? Ah yes. Apple.
>
> AG

It does get a little annoying at times.  But until that app you rely on
gets orphaned, they keep working and working and working....

My wife and I just bought matching refurbed previous-model iMacs to replace
the 7-year-old G5 towers we've been using.  They were simply too old to
keep up with the stuff I need to use now - since they still run with the
PPC G5 chip, they're stalled at Leopard - I couldn't even load Snow Leopard.

My MBP is from 2006 and still very competent, but it too, like the Mini, is
stalled at Lion.  But I don't use it as much any more, and it's still a
perfectly good laptop for what I need.  I may replace the hard drive with
an SSD this year - that will give it s shot in the speed department, and
prices on SSD's are down to right around a buck a gig currently.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard