Re: [OM] (OM) Perception of colour

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Perception of colour
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 05:35:31 +1300
Note for Moose
Re:
> I'll believe you when you post images of them that don't have the red
> channel splattered over the end of the histogram. I'm not saying it can't
> be true. I am saying I photograph lots of bright red flowers, including
> roses, and I've yet to find an image where what I imagine from your
> description happens where the red channel isn't clipped.

> Give some names. Maybe I will find one in a rose garden here to play with.

Gabriella ( I think that's what it is)
Caramba ( I think that's what it is)
Red Rhapsody
Europeana

I'll post some photos later

A short answer from me about RAW is that I sometimes switch to RAW if I
remember that my next shot is going to have a huge dynamic range - but mostly
I forget.
Processing RAW is such a pain in the butt that mostly I can't be bothered. Life
is too short for all that crap.

I expect the camera manufacturers to get it right, in jpeg..

Oh, and for Moose and Chris Crawford re the old list of Zuikoholics that I re-
discovered.
<http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/members.htm>
It 'is' an old list and I had long forgotten it was there.
It has not been maintained for maybe 10 years.
I'm not at all sure that I do want to maintain it. That's a thought for
tomorrow.

It 'is' interesting to see who is, and who is not, on it.
Morgan Sparks' site is there and still alive, for example

Brian Swale