Re: [OM] [Leica] OT: I-pad user's experience welcome

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] OT: I-pad user's experience welcome
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:55:28 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 12/30/2012 8:38 AM, John D O'Regan wrote:
>> Hmm, I have quite modest kit and excel loads in an instant - just checked it
>> :-) - XP SP3/Office 2003
>
> A couple of seconds for Office 97 the first time under Vista. I tried getting
> out the stopwatch to be more precise, but
> the second open was under a second. I didn't feel like rebooting.
>
> The version I use is even older than yours. I suspect that speed has as much
> to do with version as with OS, processor, etc.

I suspect it might have something to do with cross-platform issues. The one I'm
specifically complaining about was downloaded just over a month ago, so it is
conceivably the latest.

Can't say I blame them -- it *should* run faster on their own OS.

Ludicrous message of the week from Silverlight (paraphrasing from memory):

"A new version of Silverlight is available. Downoading and installing this
update will ensure that you have the latest version of Silverlight."

Yes, but what does it DO?

Updating for updating's sake? No thank you. Meaningless updates have screwed me
over many times.