[OM] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2012: serious young man and high ISO

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2012: serious young man and high ISO
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:35:05 +0100
My son is 23 and in his last year of the Masters programme in Aerospace
Engineering at the University of Bath. He is spending his Christmas break with
us here in Alicante, but he has been putting in at least 3-4 hours a day doing
this, including on the last day of the year:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2299239620&k=BMv22wQ&lb=1&s=O

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2299239724&k=cQmKrkc&lb=1&s=O

I am very proud of him.

On a technical note: these images were taken at ISO 6400 and a relatively wide
aperture with a 100mm macro lens. Oh how I wish that my Leicas could do
something similar at such ISO speeds. When the light is good, the Leica glass
blows anything else away; but when it is dark(ish), the inferior sensors let
down those magnificent lenses.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman