Re: [OM] OM-D gets prize

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D gets prize
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:44:00 -0800
> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It's a real expression sometimes heard in rural western North Carolina. I
> didn't know there was a joke associated with it. I thought it was a lightning
> prevention device. <g>
>
> On Jan 2, 2013, at 11:40 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>>> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Cheese and crackers got all muddy!
>>
>> Boy, that's REALLY obscure. But I remember the joke from at least 40 years
>> ago...

Mom sent little Tommy to the grocer to get some cheese and crackers for a
gathering she was planning.

Tommy dutifully bought the goods, and as he was going out the door, the bag
split, and the cheese and crackers fell out into a muddy puddle.

"Jesus Christ, God almighty!" swore little Tommy, who was immediately chagrined
to see Pastor Morton leaving the store within earshot.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOUNG MAN?" Pastor Morton exhorted.

And Tommy answered...

... at least that's the only way *I* ever heard it used.

:::: Satire died in this country the day Henry Kissinger won the Nobel Peace
Prize. -- Tom Lehrer