[OM] Major Oly rebates

Subject: [OM] Major Oly rebates
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:23:10 -0500
I'm getting much more serious about pulling the trigger on an E-M5 and
was scrolling around B&H through Oly 4/3 lenses this morning.  At some
point I clicked on something that brought up an Oly rebate PDF form
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/012713_OLYMPUS_E-M5-Lenses.pdf>

My first plan some time ago was to buy the 12-50 and a 40-150 for a 35mm
equivalent range of 24-300mm.  But Moose has been very positive on the
14-150 as the do it all single lens.  That's tempting but would still
leave me without my 24mm equivalent that I have come to love.

Anyhow, Oly's rebates may have solved the problem.  The 12-50 on its own
sells for $499.  The E-M5 body alone sells for $999.  But together as a
kit they sell for $1299 so you get the lens for $300.  But the E-M5 and
12-50 kit is also eligible for a $150 rebate bring the net cost of the
$499 lens down to $150.

The 14-150 sells for $599 but is also eligible for a $150 rebate
bringing the price down to $449 and the total body/2 lens package to
$1598.  Of course, one also needs a spare battery and maybe the $49 15mm
f/8 body cap lens.  All for not much more than half the price of a new
full frame body.

Anyone want to suggest a different lens plan?

Chuck Norcutt