Re: [OM] Another gadget obsoleted.

Subject: Re: [OM] Another gadget obsoleted.
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:36:26 -0000
Umm, Chuck, to quote an unnamed person " I don't think you read my link.  It
discusses .. " well, not only discusses, but dissects and dismantles (with
copious illustration via oscilloscope displays!) Apple chargers to
demonstrate that they use specific resistances across the two USB data lines
to signal the availability of currents in excess of the 0.5Amp 'standard'.
As I understand it, it's just passive resistors that do the job, there is no
voltage coming out of the charger on the data lines.

It's in the Vimeo clip, direct URL for which is http://vimeo.com/13835359

But thanks to all for the impetus to find out about this.

Piers