Re: [OM] Did I miss anyone? [was New Year's Gallery [was New Years' phot

Subject: Re: [OM] Did I miss anyone? [was New Year's Gallery [was New Years' photos?]]
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:19:16 -0000
Late, I know, but I have been busy on other things...

New Year's Day in Cromarty is the date of what is now the annual "Splash and
Dash" - a dip in the waters of the Cromarty Firth, followed by a run up the
cliff path and back.  Here is the pre-splash pep-talk, where the assembled
participants are treated to an explanation of doggy-paddle:
<http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1010121-1.jpg>

Naturally, I was too busy taking photos to be able to take part (although
Calum, the official photographer, uses an E-3).

A couple of days later we walked the Strath Rory drove road - unused for
maybe 150 years, but once the route for cattle from the far North West to
market in Tain.  Here is a bothy at the abandoned cattle stance (rest area!)
at Coag, isolated but once well-used:
<http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1030170-3.jpg>

And here is the drove road clearly recognisable close to Scotsburn:
<http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1030166-2.jpg>

A good start to 2013 - best wishes to all.

Piers